Yes, Please

January 6, 2015

amy-po

Have you read Amy Poehler’s, Yes, Please? It’s fantastic. I read it in book form first and then listened to the audio version on Audible (You can try it for free!). Amy reads it herself and I HIGHLY recommend it. There’s something so great about hearing her speak her own words. She knows best how to deliver each line and I got so much more out of it the second time around. Plus she has special guests read their own chapters (i.e. her mom and co-stars. I don’t want to give too much away!). I knew how funny Amy Poehler was before reading her book, but I had no idea how insightful she can be. She shares wisdom on her career, motherhood, being a woman, getting divorced and life in general with such sincerity and foresight. She has so many good quotes, I kept having “aha” moments as I listened along. The chapter on her two boys was my favorite. She speaks of them with such warm reverence. You can hear her heart overflowing with love for them. She made me so excited to be a mom. I’m pretty sure I teared up at least once.

There’s so much good stuff going on in this book– clearly I loved it and I think you will too.

(psssst! listen to the audio version, you won’t be sorry!!) –xo

1. January 6, 2015 2:31 am

I am reading this at the mo! Santa brought it for me, and he chose well! Excited that The Lady Herself reads the audio, will have to listen.

2. Cuppiesncream permalink
    January 6, 2015 2:45 am

I love her in Parks and Rec! Just went to buy but its not available in the UK until June! Wish list it is… :-)

January 6, 2015 9:12 am

Wonder if you can listen to the audio version before the book is out in the UK? It’s almost better, I think. (I’m really pushing this audio book..someone should start paying me :)

3. Cuppiesncream permalink
    January 6, 2015 2:46 am

Oh actually I take that back! just the paperback is june, hardcover is available! Yeah! thank you x

4. January 6, 2015 4:50 am

I absolutely loved this book, and now I’m considering the audio version too! It did really feel like I got to know her better, even though she was resolutely against sharing too much personal information (divorce, etc). Solidifies my love for her and my sadness/excitement that the final season of Parks & Rec is right around the corner….

5. January 6, 2015 6:35 am

I read that book right when it came out – so good!! If you haven’t read Tina Fey’s “Bossypants” yet, I would highly recommend it. Also, Mindy Kaling’s “Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?” is HILARIOUS. It might be my favorite of the three!

January 6, 2015 9:17 am

I’ve read all of them! All so good. I loved listening to Tina Fey read her book too. I recently listened to Lena Dunham’s “Not that kind of girl” on audio as well but I didn’t enjoy hearing her read as much. I kept picturing Hannah from “Girls”. It was hard to differentiate her from her characters. Which I guess is the point, she seems to play roles that are very close to her true self often. Anyway, I digress. All those books you mentioned are great! Thanks for chiming in :)

6. January 6, 2015 7:02 am

Glad to hear you liked it! This is on my list of things to pick up from the bookstore.

7. January 6, 2015 8:39 am

Now I know what to do now that I’m done listening to Serial. Thanks! :)

January 6, 2015 9:10 am

Exactly ;)!!!

8. January 6, 2015 2:42 pm

Haven’t read it yet, but I hear great things about it. I must pick it up now!

9. January 8, 2015 7:07 pm

this book was unbelievably fantastic!!! it changed my life honestly!

10. January 9, 2015 6:52 am

I put this on hold at the library, only 854 people in front of me :p

11. January 15, 2015 7:16 am

Reblogged this on hayleighgann and commented:
    Sounds like a great book, I love Amy Poehler!

12. January 17, 2015 4:04 pm

I just bought the audio book to listen to when I fly to Singapore in a couple of months.. hopefully I can wait that long haha x

13. January 19, 2015 5:49 am

Reblogged this on dodongyetwah and commented:
    must read!

14. January 21, 2015 8:15 pm

Will definitely have to give this a read!

15. The Twentysomething Social Recluse permalink
    January 25, 2015 3:03 am

I love Amy Poehler in Parks and Rec. After reading this, I need to check out the book! Thanks for your post :)

16. thehotspoterofficial permalink
    March 11, 2015 1:28 pm

definitely gonna buy it !! so many good reviews !!!!! :)

1. Yes, Please — {love+cupcakes} Blog – livingstonehouse729's Blog