More big news!

October 8, 2013

WE'RE_MOVING_002

You may have noticed that you’ve been seeing less of me here on the blog, and I’m very sorry…but I have a good reason! The last three months have been crazy and life changing. Literally! First the baby news and now a huge move! If my head wasn’t attached to my body, it would spin right off!

So, let me tell you what’s going on! Evan was offered an incredible, once in blue moon, can’t be refused kinda job….in Richmond, Virginia. Like 3,000 miles away Virginia. Like clear across the country Virginia. Like this is a really huge deal Virginia. And while Richmond may seem completely random (mostly because it is), we happen to have close family there so we won’t be lonely. We only learned that Evan got the job a little over a week ago, but he starts right away, and we’ll be in Richmond by the end of the month. Everything is moving so fast!

It’s a strange, overwhelming, and absolutely exciting time for us right now. As much as we’re going to miss our friends, family and life as we’ve known it here in LA, we’re looking forward to the future with open minds and open hearts. We’re seizing the day and blowing with the wind, and every other metaphor for embracing life you can think of.  And I’m so proud and excited for Evan. This is such an incredible opportunity for him – for all of us! (baby too!). I’m sad to say that I’ll be putting the blog on a little hiatus for the next few weeks. Not a complete shut down, but you’ll be seeing very sporadic postings while we’re prepping and packing for our big move. But once, we’re settled in our new home, things will get back to normal! -xo

1. October 8, 2013 12:06 am

is good

2. October 8, 2013 12:08 am

Congratulations! It’s such an exciting time.

3. October 8, 2013 12:28 am

congratulations and good luck with the move!

4. October 8, 2013 2:22 am

Good luck with the move!

5. October 8, 2013 3:11 am

What a wonderful time in your life! Bravo! Bravo! Welcome to the East Side!

6. October 8, 2013 4:25 am

Very exciting!! Wave as you pass Texas! Haha Best wishes!

7. October 8, 2013 6:51 am

yay, you guys!! big deal. congratulations!

8. October 8, 2013 8:37 am

Congratulations! That’s so exciting! We just did almost the exact opposite move: from Northern Virginia to southern California. It’s definitely a big deal. Richmond is really different than LA, but I think y’all will like it!

9. October 8, 2013 8:38 am

Congratulations! That is super exciting. We just did the opposite move: from northern Virginia to southern California. Definitely a big deal. Richmond is very different than LA, but I think you guys will like it.

10. October 8, 2013 10:11 am

You guys deserve nothing but the best!! Congrats to you both and best of luck with the move.

11. October 8, 2013 11:07 am

best of wished and enjoy these exciting times :)

12. October 8, 2013 12:16 pm

Welcome to our coast! Richmond may not be as much of a culture shock as other parts of the south, but brace yourself for some differences. I have a friend who grew up in LA, graduated from Berkley and then proceeded to fall in love with it here in the East. I hope you find a welcoming happy home too.

13. October 8, 2013 12:27 pm

How exciting! VA is beautiful!

Not long before I was born, my dad accepted a job in VA, and my parents moved out there. They moved back to Chicago area when I was ten months old. I am quite proud to be able to claim VA as my birth-state!

14. elladolores permalink
    October 8, 2013 3:03 pm

Good luck and congratulations! :)

15. Ashlee permalink
    October 8, 2013 10:03 pm

Wow! What a big year for you! You’ll get to experience an East Coast fall soon, something we don’t get in L.A.

16. October 9, 2013 3:07 am

glad you are grabbing this change and going with it–I am jealous

17. October 9, 2013 6:44 am

Great job, Evan!! Wow, being grown up is such an adventure! Congrats, on all the amazing blessings going on in both of your lives! I can’t wait to see and hear all about how the transitions are going. Take your time though and relish in these fleeting moments!

Oh, BTW, my sister just found out she is having a sweet little girl! So, fun!!

18. Holly B. permalink
    October 9, 2013 8:08 am

Good luck, my husband and I just moved here (virginia, closer to DC) over the summer from a very long distance as well. Very scary and exciting but it was all worth it. Have fun!

19. Mert Parsons permalink
    October 9, 2013 8:32 am

Take a deep breath and go with the flow. Somehow, it will all get done! And take care of you along the way. Love you!
    XOX

20. maddestmegs permalink
    October 28, 2013 10:05 am

Hey, I’m a new blogger and this blog is amazing i love reading your adventures. Congratulations have an easy move

21. January 6, 2014 6:39 pm

Hi! I hope you’re adjusting well in RVA. It’s surely different than LA, but it’s got a great arts scene, good restaurants, and great people. Please reach out if you ever need any tips! It will be a great place to start your family :)

1. From the kitchen: Red Kuri Squash Soup | {love+cupcakes} Blog