Summer in photos

August 26, 2013

iPhone_Pics_August13This summer has flown right by. Where’d the time go? And why don’t I have a tan? We didn’t take a summer vacation this year because we took such a fat trip to Peru in the spring, so there was never that one quintessential summer event to look forward to. But I started looking back on all of the photos I have on my phone and remembered all of the little things we’ve done in the past few weeks. Here are just a few of pics I liked. It wasn’t exactly the summeriest summer, no beach days, but we did manage to hang by our pool a few times, have several meals outdoors, and grill as often as possible. Technically, there’s still almost a whole month of summer left, so I’m not saying goodbye just yet, but with school back in session and Labor Day just around the corner, it sure feels like goodbye. How was your summer? I’d love to hear about any amazing vacations you’ve taken (and live vicariously through you. )

If you’d like to see more of my summer in pictures, follow me on instagram!

p.s. check out last year’s summer vacays!

1. August 26, 2013 1:02 am

I had like 7 weeks with over 30° that was really crazy this summer. And I spent 2 weeks in Croatia, it was beautiful, everything was perfect, the apartment, the food, the sea which had such a clean and blue water i couldn’t believe at first – definitely an insider tip! :D
    Wish u a nice last summer month! (:

2. August 26, 2013 1:16 am

Precisely this saturday I saw the first fallen leaves here in Paris, on a still beautiful day.. Summer and vacation not gone yet but can already feel a glimpse of autumn to come.. Am releasing a post on the top 5 summer smell and tastes if you’d like to have a look :), best, dao

3. August 26, 2013 9:14 am

Noooo, I don’t want summer to end yet! Hah but you are so right, it honestly feels like it’s just slipping through my fingers already – so sad!
    I still have so many “summer” recipes that I really want to try. I don’t know what I’m going to do when sweet corn goes out of season again!

xx,
    j. parker

4. August 28, 2013 5:42 am

I haven’t had a summer vacation yet. :-(
    But I’m going to the mountains next month and can’t wait to see the leaves. It’s something I really miss living in South Florida. After that we’re off to the Dominican Republic for some much needed R&R.

Longing for a vacation!

5. August 29, 2013 3:13 pm

Your blog is beautiful! Also what photo editing program did you use to make this?

August 29, 2013 3:18 pm

Thank you! It’s very sweet of you to say!! I use photoshop and illustrator to create any design elements you see.