Make this: String Art Heart
Several months ago, I made one of my girlfriends this string art heart for her new baby’s nursery. I loved it so much that I made another to keep for myself. It’s beyond easy to make and the stringing part is really therapeutic, you just wrap every which way until you like what you see. Want to make one for yourself?
1. Start with a wood block that’s about 5″x8″ (I cut my own, but Michaels’s has great wood pieces to choose from).
2. Draw or print a heart on a sheet of paper and tape it down on the wood block.
3. Nail down small tack nails about 1/4″ apart, around the perimeter of the heart.
4. Once all of the nails are down, tear away the paper.
5. Tie a small knot on one nail and start stringing by looping around each nail.
6. Finish stringing across the heart in every direction, the more varied the better. Tie off your loose end once your finished.
Add hanging hardware to the back if you’d like and voila!