Weekend Bits

June 10, 2013

photo 1

photo-2

photo 4

photo 2

I’ve had a pretty rough time feeling motivated in the last few weeks. I’m finding myself procrastinating even though I’m working on fun projects. I’ve been neglecting my fitness and spending far too much time watching bad reality tv shows online (which, I’m kinda okay with). But something clicked this past weekend. I worked out, ate well, completed work projects and craft projects, and even had time to relax by the pool and have dinner with good friends. It was the perfect balance of productivity and pleasure. And now, I feel excited and ready for the fun things happening in the weeks to come. It’s amazing what a little balance can do for your soul.

above are a few pictures from my Instagram feed all taken with the new VSCO app, which I was skeptical about at first but I’m now loving!

1. Champagne crafternoon with Sarah from The Bocket Store. DIY coming soon! 2. Evan made me a delicious grilled dinner after I worked all day on Saturday…he’s so good to me! 3. Tasty homemade hummus that I made for our first Sunday supper of the summer, a new tradition we’ve started. 4. Our favorite breakfast, papaya boats! Recipe here.

If you’d like, you can follow me at @loveandcupcakesblog or here! Hope you had a nice weekend too. -xo

1. June 10, 2013 8:16 pm

Your photography is stunning. What kind of camera/lense do you use? I am so inspired!

June 11, 2013 9:57 am

Thank you! You’re so kind! Most of my blob is shot with a Canon 5D and I have three lenses that I use depending on my needs. But this post was all shot with my iPhone! xo

June 11, 2013 9:58 am

*Blog…..LOL!

• June 11, 2013 10:04 am

haha “blob”. I was like maybe she’s trying to start a new trend with that word? That’s funny. And you’re welcome!! You definitely have eye for staging and capturing detail. I really like your Peru post as well. Do you remember what lense you used for that? Also-I’m totally pinning your recipes haha ;)

2. Dr. Fuzz permalink
    June 12, 2013 7:49 am

These pictures are superb! I’m quite intrigued by the second one. I feel like the blue really brings out the red from the watermelon and I love it!

3. June 13, 2013 4:56 am

I couldn’t agree with you more – I always get this slightly frantic feeling inside me when I can’t kick-start the massive do-list pile – which is weird because I immediately recognize that “productive but happy” feeling after I tackle something I’ve been putting off. It makes me wonder why I don’t tackle things more quickly….

ps. I’ve been following you on instagram and your pics are beautiful!