Peru in Pictures: The Cuteness

June 6, 2013

Peru_2013_041

Peru_2013_040

Traveling to a new country, we naturally expected to see local animals here and there, but we never expected to see the large amount of cute creatures we actually encountered – dogs, llamas, alpacas, pigs, sheep, (you name it) they all run wild in Peru. At first, my heart would break every time I saw a stray dog in the streets. They looked so dirty and hungry. But the chef that we took our cooking class with assured us that most of the dogs we see roaming the streets have homes, it’s just customary in Peru to let your dog roam free during the day. At night, the streets clear and you rarely see any animals hanging out. Being the crazy dog lady that I am, I befriended as many pups as I could. I fell in love with one in particular, Venice, the flower clad Great Dane mix I’m smooching with above. She lived at one of the hotels we stayed in and was so lovable, I miss her! Below are some of our favorite cuddly Peruvian creatures. -xo

Peru_2013_125

Peru_2013_128

Peru_2013_054

Peru_2013_059

Peru_2013_016

Peru_2013_002

1. June 6, 2013 5:30 am

Interesting! Thanks for bringing up something about Peru that I would never have known. So sweet.

2. June 6, 2013 6:36 am

Cute fuzzies! And lucky to run free there….

3. June 6, 2013 8:19 am

These are wonderful photos! And beautiful creatures :)

4. June 6, 2013 10:49 am

It looks like the land of a free range petting zoo! Beautiful!

5. June 6, 2013 11:39 am

Adorable pictures <3

6. June 6, 2013 12:17 pm

This is great! I lived in Bulgaria for four months, and I was so shocked to see the many dogs and cats roaming the streets. I’m an animal lover too. No chance that I wasn’t going to form a connection with some of them!

7. June 6, 2013 4:14 pm

Those dogs are so sweet! I would have felt the same way about them roaming about – I’m glad you mentioned it’s normal there!

1. DECIDE HOY: ¿Qué quieres contarte dentro de 20 años? | Emotional Travels