Let’s Have a Picnic!

March 4, 2013

Spring_picnic_015

Spring_picnic_004

Spring_picnic_016

Spring seems to have sprung early for us in LA. The days are getting longer, the air is warmer and blossoms are in full bloom all over the city. Sounds like it’s time for a picnic, don’t you think? It’s one of my favorite weekend activities – laying out on a blanket, eating yummy foods in the open air, snoozing under a shady tree, playing bocce ball and horseshoes in your bare feet….what could be better? And there’s nothing more deserving of a picnic in the park than 75 degrees on a Sunday afternoon, so yesterday our friends Ashley and Theo (and baby Eloise) joined us for a sunset picnic at Lake Balboa Park. It was the perfect way to end the unbelievably gorgeous weekend were given. I made some of my favorite picnic foods which I’ll be sharing here with you all week, so stay tuned. Here’s what was on the menu: Ham and Brie baguettes with quince paste (so good!), golden beet salad with aged balsamic and goat cheese, sweet potato chips, Nutella pots de creme (these were insane), and lemon lavender sodas. It was all so delicious! We ended the day with a stroll around the lake and bird watching with Eloise. Sunday’s really don’t get much better. I hope you had a nice weekend as well! -xo

p.s. Ashley and Theo’s wedding cake and cupcakes , made by me!

Spring_picnic_007

Spring_picnic_001

Spring_picnic_002

Spring_picnic_005

Spring_picnic_003

Spring_picnic_006

Spring_picnic_008
Spring_picnic_009

Spring_picnic_011
Spring_picnic_013
Spring_picnic_014

Spring_picnic_017

1. March 4, 2013 2:04 am

Oh wow, sounds like a super day! If only the weather would get a little warmer here I’d like to have a picnic like that :)

2. March 4, 2013 2:21 am

Babe, you are delicious!! I love this blog…..I see you craftgawk, I foodgawk. Come join my friend and I in our new foodie link up.
    You are a bit of a culinary adventurer, so I reckon you’d definitely have some great posts to link with our new link up this month.
    It’s called Our Growing Edge and we are calling all foodies to submit a post where they’re pushed their food boundaries.
    Check it out –
    It’s a great way for more people to find you, and you for to find like minded gastronomes!
    I love your images too……happy to have found you, lady!

3. March 4, 2013 3:02 am

A little jealous…we still have two fit of wet, gray snow/slush on the ground out here in Massachusetts. Your photos give me hope!

4. March 4, 2013 3:11 am

Looks fabuous. Love seeing wattle blossoms in LA. They are native to Australia, where I’m from. Looking forward to seeing the recipes.

5. March 4, 2013 4:03 am

Beautiful images, especially the first one. Your dau out looks and sounds like perfection :-)

6. March 4, 2013 4:04 am

Meant ‘day out’ :-)

7. March 4, 2013 5:54 am

looks like such a wonderful day. thanks for sharing!

8. March 4, 2013 7:06 am

I wish it was picnic weather here! This looks so fun! I will have to save this post for summer…from Canada

9. March 4, 2013 8:34 am

Reblogged this on CARMEN.

10. March 4, 2013 5:32 pm

God I love living in LA. Can you share the recipe for the Nutella pot de creme? I’m obsessed with anything involving Nutella. Here’s to a beautiful spring in SoCal!

11. March 4, 2013 8:13 pm

These pictures are so beautiful! It’s not very spring where I live yet, and I’m in desperate need of a picnic!