Holiday Crafternoon

December 10, 2012

Last weekend, I had a few friends over for an afternoon of holiday crafts. We ate, we drank, we were crafty. I didn’t do a very good job of documenting the day, but have a peek at the few pictures I did take. We made felted gift tags, ConfettiSystem inspired ornaments, wrapping paper and photograms (not pictured). I made a seasonally inspired menu of roasted root veggies, butternut squash and barley salad, sweet potato leek soup and this spiked punch.

eat_drink_be_crafty_day_011

eat_drink_be_crafty_day_012

eat_drink_be_crafty_day_013

eat_drink_be_crafty_day_007

eat_drink_be_crafty_day_008

eat_drink_be_crafty_day_003

eat_drink_be_crafty_day_006

eat_drink_be_crafty_day_001

eat_drink_be_crafty_day_004

eat_drink_be_crafty_day_014

eat_drink_be_crafty_day_016

eat_drink_be_crafty_day_005

eat_drink_be_crafty_day_015
Turns out, Diamond is not the best crafter, but she did do a good job of being generally adorable.

1. December 10, 2012 9:23 am

Looks like so much fun! I am looking for a great seasonal punch for a holiday potluck I am hosting this week. How was the pomegranate champagne punch?

December 11, 2012 11:58 am

Hi Kay, the punch was great! I’d definitely serve it again. Bon Appetite has a great holiday punch archive in the cocktails section. Enjoy!

2. Mert Parsons permalink
    December 11, 2012 2:33 am

Looks like everyone had fun and made some cool stuff. And the food looks absolutely delicious! I hope Diamond didn’t hear you say that she isn’t crafty. ;-)

3. December 11, 2012 11:51 am

These pictures are so warm, cozy and creative. I love it! Adorably golden ornaments – did you dream them up yourself or can you point me to the inspiration? I like to make a new ornament each year for our tree.

December 11, 2012 12:00 pm

Thank Beth! The ornaments were inspired by ConfettiSystem, check out their website or find them at West Elm for more inspiration!

4. Chickypea.com permalink
    December 15, 2012 4:36 pm

What a great idea. I like the pictures of your dog at the end. So cute.

5. December 21, 2012 12:54 pm

This is such a great idea and one I’m going to turn into a tradition starting next year. Beautiful photos as well. Thanks for sharing!