Thanksgiving Desserts

November 14, 2012

This year, we’re bringing dessert to our family’s Thanksgiving dinner and it just happens to be dessert week on Bon Appetite! Perfect timing, right?! While I thought I had already made my mind up about what I was making (a fig balsamic cheesecake), this list of desserts above is throwing me for a loop! Pecan, bourbon and butterscotch bread pudding?! Brown butter apple tart?!!! Looks like I have an important decision to make.

How about you? Are you in charge of a dish this year? Are you hosting an entire Thanksgiving dinner? (you’re more brave than me) I’d love to know!

{recipes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8}

1. November 14, 2012 12:39 am

I love your “round” photos. How do you do it?They look delicious. Thanks a lot

November 14, 2012 9:40 pm

Oh, thanks! I use photoshop for my layouts.

2. November 14, 2012 5:15 am

Oooh, I’m eying that cheesecake…

November 14, 2012 9:41 pm

Ooooh yes, that cheesecake looks amazing! I’ve never thought of using greek yogurt.

3. Carmel permalink
    November 14, 2012 6:58 am

Hosting the whole shebang, although people are bringing some side dishes. We’re going more traditional and doing apple pie and my friend is bringing some sort of pumpkin dessert. This is my 3rd (maybe 4th) time hosting a holiday and it’s getting easier. Although it takes a TON of prep work and planning.

I’m all about stuff with bourbon, so my vote goes to the bread pudding…

November 14, 2012 9:46 pm

Wow Carmel, bravo to you! Apple pie and Pumpkin anything are always my favorites too! Good luck with all of the preparations!

4. Heyns permalink
    November 14, 2012 11:00 am

And now my mouth is watering and I think my workout tonight might be lifting a spoon…

November 14, 2012 9:47 pm

Ha! I think I can get behind that workout regimen :)

5. November 14, 2012 2:58 pm

That pear upside down cake looks SO yummy! I’m bringing a dessert for Thanksgiving – my husband’s grandmother’s apple pie recipe. She passed away two Thanksgivings ago, and we all miss her terribly.

November 14, 2012 9:48 pm

Oh, so sorry to hear about your husband’s grandmother but what a wonderful way to celebrate her each year. Apple pie is the best!

6. New Yorker Chic permalink
    November 18, 2012 9:22 pm

I’m drooling! This looks unreal. Can’t wait to feast on Thanksgiving.
    If you’re ever looking for fun restaurant reviews in NYC from the perspective of an NYU student, feel free to check out my blog at http://newyorkerchic.wordpress.com :)
    xx