Challenge: Draw One Thing a Day

October 3, 2012

I’ve been feeling a little lackluster in the creativity department lately. It’s hard to find the time to complete (or even start) so many of the projects I have floating around in my head. I love drawing and hand lettering, so I proposed a challenge to myself: Draw one thing everyday. It doesn’t matter what or if it’s good – just draw. And that’s just what I’m going to do. Starting today, I’ll be posting a drawing a day on Instagram (follow me @loveandcupcakesblog) and Facebook (Like me!). And if you want, I’d love for you to join me! Simply tag #loveandcupcakesdrawingaday (long hashtag, I know!!) on Instagram or upload your photo to the love+cupcakes FB page. Feel free to leave me comments or suggestions. My goal with this exercise is to become a better illustrator. So, what do you say? Let’s better our drawing skills together!

1. October 3, 2012 12:58 am

good plan!

2. October 3, 2012 4:42 am

Great idea! I might just join you on this little plan!!

October 6, 2012 12:35 pm

Thanks Samantha! I hope you do. I think it would be so fun to have a few people to bounce ideas off of!

3. Joanna Reichert Photography permalink
    October 3, 2012 9:35 am

I think this is an excellent idea – plus who doesn’t love calligraphy?

October 3, 2012 9:36 am

Thank you!! My sentiments exactly!!

4. October 3, 2012 4:21 pm

I know that feeling! I think I need to do this challenge, too… too much procrastinating..

October 6, 2012 12:36 pm

Do it!! A little sketch a day takes almost no time at all! I hope you join in :)

5. October 4, 2012 5:46 am

Ahh I’ve been trying to do this for a little while now! It’s good fun :) When I was doing my art degree, we were told to do 3-5 small quick sketches a day. It’s surprising how much your art improves with little things like that.

Alli xx

October 6, 2012 12:37 pm

Awesome! It’s encouraging to hear that. I hope I can work my way up to 3-5 sketches, so far finding the time to make 1 has been a challenge all its own :)

1. High Five Friday! | The Compost Cook