20th Century New York City

May 9, 2012

Aren’t these photos fabulous?! My mother-in-law sent me a link yesterday and I spent a good hour mesmerized by these pictures. The New York City Municipal Archives just released a database of over 870,000 photos from its collection of more than 2.2 million images of New York throughout the 20th century. See more here  or directly on the New York City Municipal Archives here. xoxo!

1. May 9, 2012 12:16 am

Great photos. Thanks for the link. It’s amazing to see how New York has grown throughout the ages. Cheers.

May 9, 2012 8:07 am

You’re very welcome! It’s amazing to see the changes and these pictures are all so well done.

2. May 9, 2012 12:33 am

I love the NYC. I was bridge and tunnel crowd as a child and still love coming back. It always feels like home in the sweltering heat of summer, although fall is likely the most pleasant time. Hope you have a blast. Cheers

May 9, 2012 8:09 am

I love New York too! My husband and I actually moved there last fall for about 4 months and we miss it so much. Seeing these pictures felt so nostalgic.

• May 9, 2012 7:33 pm

yeah, I can share the feeling. if you go back let me know and I’ll give you a short list of favorite spots. Cheers

3. May 9, 2012 2:49 am

Reblogged this on erdilielsfavourites and commented:
    Amazing!!

4. May 9, 2012 3:54 am

These pictures are amazing! Thanks for sharing!

May 9, 2012 8:10 am

You’re welcome Natalie!

5. May 9, 2012 8:36 am

The craziest thing about the first picture is that because buildings have been built up so high now in NY the sun no longer shines through the windows of grand central station like that anymore. What a pity.

May 9, 2012 8:44 am

Awe, that is so sad! Glad there’s a picture to prove it once looked this beautiful….but I have to admit, there’s still something pretty magical about Grand Central Station. Thanks for commenting! It’s nice to see you here :)

• May 9, 2012 8:55 am

I have yet to ever visit New York (i know i know!) but I think train stations in general are something special. I fell in love with Union Station in DC. BTW I love your blog and awesome little recipes! :)

6. May 9, 2012 9:47 am

Whoa these are amazing, thanks for sharing your find! My dad’s side of the family is from Brooklyn so I passed the photos on to them, they will enjoy looking :] thanks!

-Melanie Gordon
    Independent Scentsy Consultant
    Luv4Wickless@gmail.com

May 9, 2012 11:43 am

Awesome, I’m sure they’ll get a kick out of seeing these images!

7. May 25, 2012 11:00 am

Reblogged this on Digital Diva Lap-Band Blog and commented:
    I <3 NYC. I know I'll live there one day. Until then, I shall enjoy the sites provided in the perfect photographs.

8. June 26, 2012 7:50 pm

These photos are amazing!

1. 20th Century New York | kero.i.am