Little House in the Woods…

April 23, 2012

After a week of touring Northern California and seeing so many little woodsy towns along the way, I can’t stop fantasizing over having our own little house in the woods one day. Until then, this picture will have to suffice. Pictures of our trip coming some time this week. xoxo!

1. April 23, 2012 3:31 am

love it – a little house in the woods is what (some) dreams are made of. Find me one too.

April 23, 2012 10:57 am

Ha! I’ll try ;)

2. April 23, 2012 6:09 am

We loved driving around CA when we lived closer, in Az. It is amazing… when people first think CA, they generally think BIG cities, busy cities… LA, hotspots, etc. In reality though, there are cute little houses like this peppering the landscape, just like other places in the US. CA may have it’s big cities… but it also has it’s little houses in the woods. I hope fantasies soon come true! ;)

April 23, 2012 11:04 am

Awe, thank you. This fantasy may have to wait until retirement, but it’ll be worth it. So true about all of the woodsy areas in California. I’ve actually driven to Vancouver, BC (twice!) so I’ve had the pleasure of seeing some of the real northern parts CA and boy do they contrast the stereotypes :)

3. April 23, 2012 8:52 am

I always imagined my little house on the seaside cliff in Mendocino, walking distance from the coffee houses and art galleries. Your little house in the woods looks like its either near Carmel or in Boonville, either way you’re walking to some amazing wineries. Thank you for the Monday fantasy, loving it.

April 23, 2012 11:08 am

My husband grew up vacationing in Mendocino (diving for abalone, in fact!), but I’ve never been. Aaaaahhhh….coffee houses and art galleries on seaside cliffs, what an amazing image. My little house in the woods is actually in Washington state but it could easily have been somewhere in the far north regions of the Golden State :) I’m glad you enjoyed my little fantasy, it’s good to dream sometimes!

4. Mert PARSONS permalink
    April 23, 2012 4:29 pm

You can stay in our Treehouse any time! Now there’s a house in the woods!