Happy Friday + Spring Break Baby!

April 12, 2012

(purselip tintsandalfrankie magglassesbraceletshortstank)

This is truly a HAPPY FRIDAY! This weekend we’re leaving on a week-long road trip to northern California…and other than a quick stop to visit Evan’s folks, we have no schedule! We’re going to pack up our little Prius and just drive. We’re hoping to run into a few wineries and possibly hit a lakeside campsite for a night or two but we’ve decided not to make any reservations and just kinda wing everything as we go. It’s a little scary but also very exciting…who knows…we may end up having to sleep in our car! I’ll be posting pictures of our adventures on instagram and twitter if you’re interested. I won’t be around to answer emails or comments, but I have prepped posts for all of next week so see ya here on Monday. Have a wonderful weekend and happy Coachella to everyone who’s going! xoxo!

P.S. This was an awesome week for love+cupcakes, my recipe for Apple Cinnamon Matzo Brei was featured in the Huffington Post! Yay! And yesterday, WordPress (which is the platform I blog with) featured my recipe for Rustic Plum Tart on its “Freshly Pressed” page which drove an incredible amount of viewers to the site….I’m talking close to 10K!!!! That has never happened before so you could imagine my excitement. A HUGE warm thank you to everyone who subscribed and followed, I’m so happy that you’re here! I hope you continue to enjoy my little corner of the internet :)

1. Carmel permalink
    April 13, 2012 6:57 am

I loooooooove Northern California! My husband and I did a 2 week road trip through there a few years ago and we’ve been dying to go back. If you hit up Lake County for wineries, be sure to stop in at Gregory Graham and Rosa D’Oro. Rosa also has great olive oils. They are all super friendly and their wines are wonderful, especially for the price. Enjoy!

April 13, 2012 8:02 am

Carmel,

Two weeks traveling through NorCal sounds amazing! Thank you for your suggestions! We should probably keep a few possibilities in our back pockets. I’m not familiar with either Gregory Graham or Rosa D’Oro so it would be great to check them out. I love a good gourmet olive oil! But you had me at affordable wine! Can’t wait.

2. April 13, 2012 10:09 am

Lots of exciting news for you! Enjoy your road trip and all your new views. :)

April 13, 2012 1:32 pm

Thanks so much Leah, I appreciate it :)

3. beckscostello permalink
    April 13, 2012 12:55 pm

Congratulations! It’s how I discovered your blog! Can’t wait to read more from you.

April 13, 2012 1:32 pm

Thank you Becky, I’m so glad you found me!

4. April 13, 2012 1:45 pm

Love all of your pictures. Be safe on your travels!

1. Currently Reading: The Principles of Uncertainty « {love+cupcakes} Blog