From the Kitchen: Lemon Berry Yogurt Pound Cake

January 13, 2012

Happy Friday! I finally had a chance to step into the kitchen last night and get my bake on. It’s so silly how something as simple as baking can put the spring back in my step. I woke up filled with excitement about sharing this sweet pound cake recipe with you. Pound cake is one of those confections that works perfectly as a dessert or for breakfast…and well, let’s face it, if you’re me it fills in as any part of a meal, night or day. I followed this Ina Garten inspired recipe over on Smitten Kitchen and used a mixture of fresh raspberries and blueberries. The result was a moist, not too sweet, lemony bread bursting with berry flavor in every bite. Perfect for a Sunday morning treat with coffee or tea. See the recipe here. Have a wonderful weekend! xoxo!

1. January 13, 2012 12:00 pm

Looks delicious and I’m sure it tasted great.

January 23, 2012 1:12 pm

Thanks, it was quite delicious I have to admit. I think next time, I’ll choose berries that are sweeter. The tartness of the lemon could use a little sweetness to feel balanced.

2. January 15, 2012 5:05 am

Umm.. yes please. Lovin’ the contrast with that baby blue plate.

January 23, 2012 1:13 pm

Thank you! That little blue plate is a one-off that magically appeared in our kitchen. not sure where it came from but use it often :)

3. January 16, 2012 1:30 pm

This pound cake looks delicious and the colors are amazing! :)

January 23, 2012 1:14 pm

Thanks Leah! I love this recipe, kinda want to make it sans berries next. I love lemon anything!

1. Bad Runner Needs Do-Over? or Nevermind, I Cook Food! « TaraYang