cakepop love

February 4, 2010

I’ve grown completely smitten with crispy rice pops, cake pops and cake balls. I think they’re definitely the next fad in yummy handheld desserts. You take cake and frosting (in this case Red Velvet and Cream Cheese Frosting), mix them together to form a “dough” and roll that into small golf ball sized balls. Then you stick a lollipop stick in them and dip them in your favorite chocolate (in this case Dark Chocolate and White Chocolate) and decorate with sprinkles or whatever else you can imagine. Friends and family… you can expect some of these from me on Valentines Day. Enjoy!

Cake Pops

Cake Balls

Marshmallow Squares Pops

1. melinda permalink
    February 4, 2010 1:58 pm

omg, this looks sooooo yummy. Can you be my valentines??

2. February 4, 2010 2:01 pm

haha! Yes. I’ll send you V-day cake pops! I may be making a variation of these for your b-day party…. Still planning but it’ll be great!

3. Diana permalink
    February 4, 2010 4:51 pm

they are beautiful –ur so awesome

4. February 4, 2010 11:03 pm

Thanks Diana! xoxo

5. February 4, 2010 11:35 pm

The red cake balls look yummy!! I want some! :D

6. Hannah permalink
    February 5, 2010 11:21 pm

How long in advance can you make this and leave them in the fridge, do you think? They look great!

• February 6, 2010 12:39 am

Hi Hannah!

Thanks for visiting. I’d say both cake balls and cake pops will last a week in the fridge and up to a month if you freeze them. The rice crispy pops, on the other hand, don’t eat very well out of the refrigerator because they become hard. They’re best eaten fresh within a day or two of being made and at room temp. Enjoy!

7. Hannah permalink
    February 11, 2010 7:30 pm

Hey paola, thanks for getting back to me! i haven’t actually made them yet…but i can’t find the recipe that was posted for the balls themselves, anywhere! I know I saw it before, but i can’t find it again. PLEASE help! I don’t have a backup plan for valentines day and i need to make them before saturday!
    THANK YOU!

• February 12, 2010 12:25 am

Hi Hannah!

So excited that you’re actually going to make these… and for Valentines, that’s the sweetest! I’ll post a how-to tonight. I’d love to see how yours turn out.

xo