Make this: Pull Piñata Garland
In celebration of one of my favorite excuses to drink margaritas and kick back with friends, this whole week I’ll be bringing you fun, colorful and tasty inspiration in honor of Cinco de Mayo. This pull piñata garland makes for a very festive Cinco de Mayo decoration as well as a fun activity for party guests. Simply pull and little surprises come pouring down. Step-by-step after the jump. xoxo!
1. Cut 2×2 inch squares of tissue paper and slit a small “X” in the center. (this will help treats to fall out when pulled)
2. Loosely attach the tissue to the bottom of the toilet paper roll.
3. Place a 3-5 inch ribbon over the “X” and secure with a small piece of tape. (NOTE: This can be done right before filling the tubes if you please)
4. Take a full sheet of tissue paper and fold lengthwise to about 1 inch deep.
5. Cut into 1 1/2 inch rectangles.
6. Cut about 4 slits into the open end of each rectangle, leaving about 1/4″ at the top.
7. Begin wrapping fringe at the bottom of the tube and work your way up. Use tape or glue to secure the fringe.
8. Secure two 3 inch pieces of ribbon on opposite sides of the inside of the tube with tape.
9. Fill with candy, confetti, fortunes, toys, etc.
10. Hang on a sturdy string like bakers twine. PARTY!