Shelter Co.

April 24, 2012

My friend Jen introduced me to the coolest little company ever. Shelter Co. will set up a luxury campsite, complete with furniture, linens and even a library, anywhere you’d like. If you’re really fancy, they’ll even cater the whole thing for you and plan all of your excursions, equipment and all. They do events too! How fun would it be to do a little posh camping for a birthday or bachelorette weekend with the girls?! After the bug (and skunk) filled camping weekend I just had, I can really get behind this. See more of Shelter Co. here. xoxo!

About these ads
  1. April 24, 2012 12:36 am

That’s amazing! I love them lit in the dark surroundings. I need a holiday!

2. April 24, 2012 3:47 am

if they set up luxury washrooms, I am in! The lit tents look beautiful.

3. April 24, 2012 5:11 am

Those are some gorgous tents! This seems like something I’d use for a Honeymoon or wedding party… although “real” camping with cheap tents and much cursing at the fact that someone forgot the toilet paper (again) can be just as fun. :)

April 24, 2012 10:02 am

I LOVE the honeymoon idea! Wish I knew about this two years ago! Our anniversary is coming up…wheels are turning :)

4. beckscostello permalink
    April 24, 2012 6:24 am

This is the coolest thing I have seen in a while, what a unique idea!

5. April 24, 2012 11:32 am

This looks COOL! I agree with the previous post – what a wedding adventure. You could create an entire wedding week/weekend for your family/friends. Then I also agree with the other post… without the cursing, forgetting something and burning some meal – camping might not be the same!! Does this company work in a specific region only, or continental 48 wide?

April 24, 2012 8:45 pm

I know that they’re located in CA and service both northern and southern Cali, but they don’t seem to state how far they’ll travel. I would imagine the cost goes up the further they have to travel.

6. Mert Parsons permalink
    April 24, 2012 5:48 pm

Do we know that there won’t be any bugs and skunks here? LOL Our last tent dwelling had giraffes and buffalo near!!

April 24, 2012 8:41 pm

Guess the bugs and skunks are inevitable pretty camp or not, right? :/

7. April 24, 2012 6:10 pm

Thanks so much for the shout out! We love to camp and are happy people are excited to come camp with us!

April 24, 2012 8:39 pm

My pleasure, Kelsey! Shelter is such a great concept!

8. April 26, 2012 4:45 am

This is so wonderful!

9. April 26, 2012 9:13 am

I stayed in the most gorgeous tent in Big Sur, California last year- they called it ‘the adventure tent’! I love to camp, but sometimes glamping is the way to go. Thanks for writing!

1. S-P-I-N-N-I-N-G « De quelle planète es-tu?
  2. Sunday | De quelle planète es-tu?